Monday, September 29, 2008

Camping

Last Monday I thought to myself, we should take the kids camping. But I didn't want it to be too fussy and stressful, so we live right next to Fools Hollow Campground, so we decided to go there for Friday night. We didn't tell the kids, Buck and I just secretly got things ready during the week. The girls were already excited because they had cousins coming this weekend (The Lees, and Genets, The Mortensens, and The Bentleys) So on Friday they really weren't wanting to go to school, so we said well maybe we will pull you of school early so you will have more time to play with your cousins. That made them happy and got them out the door to school. After we dropped them off, we went to Fools Hollow and picked out our campsite and set up our tents. Then Buck went to pick them up early from school and tell them about going camping. I wasn't there when he picked them up, but he said that they were like "seriously?" Way happy! When they came to pick up the rest of us, Paige and Marley both ran and gave me a big hug and said "thanks mom". I couldn't believe how happy and appreciative they were. They kept thanking me all night. So all you parents out there, cancel your trip to Disneyland, and just take your kids camping!!
We made foil dinners, roasted marshmallows, played Ghost in the Graveyard, the kids danced, they fished, they just had a ball. Oh, and Rob and Melissa told us they are pregnant with TWINS!!!! It was one memorable night!

Preesley Gets in on the action!


My Hunter Gatherer!


Couldn't keep these Girls out of the tent!


View of the Lake from our Tent.


Savannah and Preesley.


Everyone Lookin Grubby and Havn' a Great Time!





Marley had to borrow my sunglasses while she roasted her Marshmallow!!


Paigee-Poo

1 comment:

Traci said...

Camping is the best!!! Glad you did it...looks like true fun!

Preesley is 1!