Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Missing in Action

Buck had to act like he was looking at a text message to snatch this picture of Paige, she DID NOT want her picture taken.

I am just posting to let everyone know I didn't fall off the face of the earth. Been so busy around here, Paige had her surgery, it went well, she is a trooper, they stuck her 3 times trying to get her IV, and still couldn't get it! She was tough up to that point, she cried a little, then got tough again. Everyone kept commenting on how calm and collected she was. That's my girl! You should have seen the look she gave me when the nurse asked if she was ready to get poked by a needle, (I hadn't warned her about that part of surgery...oops!) Anyway she was kinda ticked, but put her brave face on. So anyway they squeezed her nose bones back together, she has to wear this nose cast thing for a week, then another week just at nights. Paige just kept saying the funniest things the whole time, she cracks us up. I told her she was funny like me...of course. For example, Paige mentioned that she wanted a Popsicle, and the nurse quickly said "I have Popsicles!" Then Paige said "oh, I meant at home", but the nurse insisted on getting her one. And Paige was happy about that. So we said ask for something else and you will probably get it, and Buck said, ask for a Rip Stick (the only thing she wants for Christmas) then she says, "yeah this is Santa's workshop, its just disguised as a hospital. I know it probably doesn't sound funny now, but it was. Mostly it was her delivery. (Did I ever mention that this blog is mostly a journal for our little family? Cause at this point I am thinking everyone is bored, but oh well, writing this all down will make me laugh and remember this sweet day with my Paige) Oh and did I mention that she loved the red non-slip slipper socks they gave her, she was so excited she could keep them. She also came home with other goodies too, 2 teddy bears, 4 boxes of crayons, stickers, and her oxygen mask and tube! How is that for get your money's worth!!
Okay so back to "its been busy around here" my excuse for not posting. Also, I have been doing work stuff, trying to make 3 hand made gifts for my girls, one done, two to go, actually 4 to go because I thought of something else I wanted to sew. Then I have 2 other projects to complete before Christmas. So you might not want to check back on my blog till 2009, otherwise you may see the same thing over and over!! Take care!

8 comments:

Kellogg Krew said...

What a brave girl!! She will be good as new in no time. Tell her we said hi and get well soon!! And please try not to mention that you are doing sewing or handmade gifts...it will make me feel guilty!! Love ya!

Crystal said...

OH MAN!! Im sooo glad she is okay and that her surgery went well. I guess I should say Merry Christmas to ya now!

Allred's said...

Seriously what a brave Paige. I really love her sarcasm with the whole Santa's Workshop thing. She's funny.

Traci said...

We were thinking of Paige all day yesterday....Glad things went well and that her spirits are still high. I was so surprised to see how up beat she was about things when you guys came for Thanksgiving. Not sure I would be that "o.k." with things if that were me. Tell Paige her cousins said Hi! We love ya!

Connie said...

Bless her heart! Cindy is very concerned. Hope she feels better soon!

Anonymous said...

I feel so sorry for her!
Hey can you email me your address at agooch@cox.net
Thanks!

Crystal said...

Yes I am a massage therapist. I have been for almost 3 years now. I like it a lot. I can work around Adams schedual and still be at home with my lil girl. Have a Fabulous day!

Lee family said...

hey guys this is savannah um i just wanted to tell you that brennen got a blog and it is Brennens buisness.blogspot.com ya and my primary teach told me to tell you hi from dani richins [thats her] ya and tel paige that i said hi and i hope she is felling well *best wishes*

savannah

Preesley is 1!